Sunday 23 December 2012

The freedom of India at threshold




As a child I remember
When whole country was united strong like timber
Fighting the Coloniser many lost their family member
My mother passed many nights without a slumber
I used to ask when is our number


My mother said we are fighting for freedom
We will build a beautiful India with our wisdom
Where everyone will get justice at random
Slavery will not make our life boredom
I used to ask when the time will come


The year I remember was nineteen forty seven
The celebration was from earth to heaven
In the streets, on the roads i saw huging eachother brethren
My mother was busy in distributing sweet to make life sweeten
I asked, mother, will you now not beaten?


Years after years passed in turmoil
Violence, killing, rape continued without fail
The criminals were caught but freed on bail
There were only the poor in jail
I asked , mother, is the government on criminals' trail?


By now my mother has become very old
She got beaten, tortured and robbed of her gold
She cried bitterly and told the untold
I don't find our India, it is sold
Sleep son before you are cold







____________________________Sohrab Alam Ansari





2 comments:

  1. ..what use is our freedom when girls are getting raped in the streets..and instead of punishing the culprits..the govt.is lathi-charging and tear gassing the public..
    ..look where nehru's social revolution is heading..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you, Rigzin. Our freedom is fake..

    ReplyDelete